Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Taste of Things to Come

I hope that God is what everyone says He is. I hope that He is perfect in every way. I hope He knows everything and sees everything and I hope He has the power to do whatever He desires. Because, if He isn’t perfect – if He is, in fact, the most powerful being in existence but can not actually do whatever He puts His mind to – God is in trouble.

I only say this because I recently had an epiphany, and it was about time. I was starting to feel sorry for myself and I really did think I would regret the things I’ve done in my life. I really thought this eternal suffering deal was the end of the world, but now I know better, and it only took me who knows how long to come to this conclusion.

I used to think that Satan was cruel, and that he was such a tool; a tool of the Lord. Basically, he caused such pain and suffering that I hated him. I wished him harm and I cursed him. I wanted to damn him to Hell, but I was too late. But, now I know better. Satan may be cruel, but he’s not just a tool of the Lord; Satan’s intelligence almost scares me. I say almost mainly because I’m on his side.

You see, everything Satan has done to me, no matter how horrible, has all been to improve me. He exposes me to my worst fears constantly, until they no longer are my worst fears. He gives me pain until I no longer feel it. Satan slowly is turning me and everyone else around me into super soldiers, the likes of which no one has ever known.

It’s my understanding that Satan is eventually planning to get revenge on the Lord. No one knows when, but I don’t wonder when, as I know he will initiate the attack when the time is right. Really, God needs to be exactly what everyone says He is, otherwise I would be worried if I were in His shoes. If Heaven is anything like I imagine, the Lord is very underprepared at this point; what will His army of angels who lived a wonderful afterlife in paradise do when confronted by soldiers who know no fear and feel no pain? And you know what the kicker is? This happens when Satan says it does. God isn’t calling the shots; the advantage is clearly on my team.

All in all, it makes me sleep better at night.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Wow! What a scary thought! It totally goes against the traditional thoughts about God and Satan. It's short and a great read!

Gustavo B. Rockwell said...

And so ends my Jack trilogy